If you’re embarking on the wonderful stage of potty training, you know it’s not going to be a walk in the park. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for making it happen faster. The best thing you can do is remain calm and be prepared. Throughout our journey, I’ve found many must-have products to make life a little easier. From potties to clean up, here are my favorite items.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases through links in this post at no additional cost to you. You are never under any obligation to buy anything from this site. I just want to spread the word on products I love.
1. SKYROKU Potty Training Seat with Step Stool Ladder- If your little one doesn’t mind the large potty, this combo seat is great. The ladder helps them climb on by themselves and even has a place to rest their feet, while feeling secure with the padded seat. The height is adjustable and it folds for easy storage. With over 16k five star reviews, you and your kiddo with love this seat!
2. Summer Infant MySize Potty - This guy looks like the real thing! Our toddler attends a school that has a miniature toilet in their bathroom. When he first started working on potting training at home, he refused to use the “big potty.” I found this product on Amazon. It has the look at feel of a life size potty, but smaller and really encouraged him to start using it. It even has a wipe compartment and makes real flushing sounds.
3. Athena Futures Potty Training Timer Watch- With a new baby and mom brain, it’s hard for me to remind our son to go potty or set the kitchen timer every 15-30 mins. You can set this watch to go off at your specified interval and the cool part is it resets automatically! Every time it went off he yelled, “It’s time to go potty!” And didn’t fight us on it. You can set it to play music or just vibrate when it’s time too.
4. JooL Folding Travel Potty Seat- You’re out and about and your little one has to go, but doesn’t feel secure on the big one yet… now what? This folding potty seat is perfect. It even comes with a travel bag that fits excellent into the car, your purse, or diaper bag.
5. Relyo Disposable Toilet Seat Covers- If your kid is like mine, he wants to put his hands all over the seat to hold himself up. Let’s face it, public restrooms are disgusting and not all locations have the convenient free ones in the stall. Each cover is individually wrapped and has an adhesive strip to keep it in place.
6. Potty Time with Elmo Sound Book- It's potty time and Elmo's doll, Baby David, is learning to use the potty- just like Elmo! Our son never gets tired of this book. It is interactive, makes training fun and encourages your little one to want to go potty. The sounds are hilarious too.
7. Alvababy Wet Dry Bags- These wet dry bags come in a 2 pack and fit a ton of stuff. They’re perfect to keep a change of clothes in and you can swap them out for the dirty clothes if an accident happens on the go. You can also use them for other purposes too, like their wet swimsuit after a day at the pool.
8. Cozy Greens Potty Charts- If you read my blog post on Potty Training Charts, you’ll see I’m a big fan of these. I opted to create my own, but if you don’t have any artistic abilities or want to spend the time to make one, these are a great option. This one comes in dinosaur or unicorn themes.
9. PottyMate Liners- Depending on what type of seat you choose, there may be a bit of cleaning involved. Sometimes it’s not your choice on the seat. These liners make clean up so much easier. It has a pre-attached super absorbent pad that holds up to 5 oz of fluid. Once used, just pull the drawstring and throw it away like a trash bag.
10. ONEDONE Portable Emergency Toilet- If you’re caught in a jam and the little one needs to go, this product is a life saver. It comes in two different styles, is quick and convenient to use, and offers leak proof sealing. There were so many times I was stuck in traffic and wished I had one of these on hand for myself!